Sugar, Sugar everywhere!!! We all want connivence right?! I get it! The modern women is a busy lady; whether you work full time, stay home full time, or both…you are busy! The trick is finding those LIFEHACKS that don’t break the bank or YOUR health! Sugar is hidden in packaged foods that you would never expect! It’s in soups, breads, fruit cups, salty snacks, etc. The American Heart Association (AHA) says that women should have no more than 6 teaspoons (100 calories, 25 grams) and men should have no more than 9 teaspoons (150 calories, 27.5 grams) of added sugar PER day. Stats show that on average the american man/wormen/ AND CHILD is consuming 19-33 teaspoons of added sugar A DAY! Obviously, we NEED to make a change, but MOST of us feel overwhelmed by this because all our quick GO TO’s usually have sugar. In the real world, very few women can make everything from scratch, every day! At least….I know I can’t! I’m here today to share with you my quick no sugar added (Or very little sugar added) Go To’s for easy meals or snacks! You can click the link and order from there or screen shot and remember next time you’re at the store! I tell my clients to save these in a list in their notes on their phone for a quick refere nce! (remember most grocery stores do on-line shopping now and that makes finding certain brands MUCH easier!) MARIANARA Pasta sauce with no added sugar is tough one! It’s so important to have quick easy GO to’s! Here are my Options!
- Rao’s Marinara – Clean ingredient list- 8 ingredients, no junk, no added sugar (3g of naturally occurring sugar from tomato)
- “Organic Bello Marinara – No GMO’s, Organic GF
- “Cucina Antica Organic Marinara– 6 pack for $37.99- no GMO, No preservatives, GF, no added water
- Market Pantry Marinara- YES TARGET has a No added sugar options! (it does have citric acid but otherwise looks good and cost is good!! $1.50 for 24oz)
- “365 Everyday Organic Salsa– Cert. organic, no added sugar (Buy whole foods or amazon)
- “Tomatillo Garlic Salsa– Gourmet salsa for $5.99 for 16 oz (Yummy and clean but a little pricey for an everyday salsa)
- “Trader Joe’s Salsa Authentica– CHEAP and GOOD!! NO added sugar
- Trader Joe’s “Unsalted Organic Crunchy (lots of varieties)- CHEAP and everyone LOVEs TJ’s!
- Trader Joe’s- “Organic Peanut Butter with flax and chia seeds– No sugar! Love the added flax & chia
- Justin’s Almond Butter To GO packs- ONLY 2 ingredients- Great for on the run!
- Market Pantry Peanut Butter- Gotta Love these TARGET finds! Two ingredients: peanuts & salt
- Smucker’s Organic Peanut Butter– Easy to find at lots of stores! 2 ingredients: peanuts & salt
- “>Nut thins– These are great way to stay away from chips! They are GF and 0g of sugar
- simply balanced brown rice crackers– Gluten Free and 0g of added sugar and TARGET
- “>Trader Joe’s 3 seed beet & “> 3 seed sweet potato crackers– My kids love these with hummus, No added sugar or other junk
- “>Pirate Booty– A much better option then other chip choices, 0g of added sugar and overall short ingredient list, Great school lunch add in!
- “>Trader Joe’s Plantain Chips– Great salty with a little natural sweet option (you can find these lots of places)
- “>Newman’s Own Olive oil & Vinegar Dressing- I always prefer just plain olive oil and vinegar but it that doesn’t do it for you, this is a great option! 1g of sugar, but no added sugar!
- Annie’s Salad Dressing (Green Garlic) – Several Annie’s dressing have no sugar…read the label when you see one at the store
- Simple Girl Sugar Free Sweet Mustard Salad Dressing 16oz – Diabetic/Vegan Friendly – Carb/Gluten/Fat Free – Compatible with Most Sugar Free Diet Plans“>Simple Girl Sweet Mustard- I’ve never seen this in stores,..but their website has l ots of great dressings, sauces, and other clean spices.